We take online safety (previously referred to as e-safety) very seriously at Branston Community Academy.
We have a rolling program throughout the year to support this topic:
- We are working with National Online Safety to deliver interactive online workshops for all our parents and carers, governors and teachers.
- The Computing department at Branston delivers online-safety lessons throughout all Key Stages.
- Parents/carers that attend our Y7 Welfare Evening and our Y11 Information Evening are given presentations containing online safety advice and the presentations are made available to those than cannot attend.
- All staff receive online safety training and are familiar with the Branston Community Academy Safeguarding policy which contains the online safety policy.
- All staff and students sign and agree to abide by an ICT Acceptable use Policy.
Please contact our Designated Senior Person for advice regarding online-safety using our Contact Us page.
Mr A. Wright (Vice-Principal and Designated Senior Person)
The resources below should help you get up to speed regarding online safety in this ever changing modern age of technology:
"Whatever their age, we can help you to find out more about what your children might be doing online and give you some simple, practical and easy advice on the steps you can take as a parent to keep them as safe as possible."