What makes me Gifted/Talented or Able in Science?
1) You are in the top 5% of students in MIDYIS, YELLIS or ALIS
2) You have an above average performance against the year group according to relevant tracker.
1) You are inquisitive about Science and you are dissatisfied with simplified explanations or insufficient depth.
2) You consider alternative suggestions and strategies for investigations.
3) You make connections quickly and uses more extensive vocabulary than your peers.
What will we be doing in lessons to develop my skills?
You will have levelled objectives and will be able to access extension activities to push yourself to achieve the highest possible levels.
What can I do outside of school to develop my skills in Science ?
You will have the opportunity to be involved in a range of extra-curricular opportunities outside of school.
You may have the opportunity to be involved in the RAF Waddington project X competition.
There are also higher opportunities, for example there are several seminars and open days at York University looking at many aspects of science.
You will also have the opportunity to go on some outside school visits, for example Charnwood museum in Loughborough and Wollaton Hall Natural History Museum.
Websites for further information and events:
Institute of Physics (www.iop.org)
Royal Society of Chemistry (www.rsc.org)
Society of Biology (www.societyofbiology.org)